Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Commute



Another work week is on the books and the weekend is here at last.  The weather has been great for cycle-commuting although today was the first time I wheeled out the general purpose Ti-bike.  In the past week I have put 80 miles on the Scrambler burning off the last of the old gas left in the tank from winter storage.  So with two daily commutes on the Triumph, one by bicycle and the remainder of the trips by car my total expenditure of gasoline is maybe a gallon or two.  If I wasn't purposely taking the long way home to drain the motorbike's tank of stale fuel my weekly total could very well be just a pint or two. 

 I haven't put gas in my car in over two weeks and the gauge has been resting at half a tank all week.  It is not uncommon for me to go a whole month between fill-ups during the summer months.  Don't get me wrong I love my car when its raining and I can transport my son to school and myself to work dry and comfortable but most days its not raining and the two wheelers work just fine for getting from point A to B. 



1 comment:

  1. Nice going! Good for the environment, good for your body & good for your wallet!

    ReplyDelete