Thursday, March 6, 2014

Still Beats Driving the Car



Well it's March now; still cold, in fact 17 degrees F on my ride into work this morning. Huge mounds of dirty snow are still piled up everywhere like so many icebergs.  At least the sun is getting slightly warmer and along with the salt has managed to keep the pavement fairly dry. I'm still wearing my lobster gloves when I ride.  I did bring my lightweight gloves along in hopes that this afternoon it really will be near 40 degrees and I can use them instead. 

It's been a tough winter for the bicycle commuter that's for sure but things are coming around.  My commutes by bike so far this year are way down. I rode two days last week and once this week. Still it beats driving the car and soon I'll be turning the cranks around in a more regular fashion.




4 comments:

  1. Your trusty commuting steed looking down-right dapper today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo, post is brief, informative and to the point. Also encouraging us to ride year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet ride. That basket is begging for a baguette, and some New Belgium barley pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Much warmer today. 49 degrees F just after lunch. 40 - 60 degree range is perfect for bicycle commuting.

    ReplyDelete